Recently I saw a question online from a person whose question stated:
“I have a folder which contains individual excel files. I need to open one by one excel file and read the data from them to work queue. Please suggest me solution.”
I know there can be many solutions to this question, I am just trying to put forth one of the slutions which comes to my mind.
- Knowledge of Blue Prism Processes and Objects
- Knowledge of BP Queues
- Excel Reading and Loop Stages
- Step 1: Import the VBO Named “Utility-File Management” into Blue Prism.
- Step 2: Open your process and drag an action stage onto the design pane.
- Step 3: Select the Imported VBO “Utility-File Management” in the drop-down and select the action “Get Files” in the subsequent drop-down.
- Step 4: Provide the input parameters as below
Folder–> <Provide Full Folder Path> . It can be given directly or through a variable as per your choice.
Patterns CSV –> <Provide the patterns>. Eg: “*.xlsx,*.xls,*.csv”
All wildcards are accepted here. You can use * and ? as wildcards. It’s case insensitive as well. So *.CSV is same as *.csv.
- Step 5: Provide the output collection name in output tab.
Once done, connect it to the existing process as per need and get the results.
The output collection will have :
- Full Path of the File
- Name of the file
- Extension of the File
- Created Date
- Last Accessed Date
- Last Written Date
- Read Only flag
- Bytes (size of the file)
You can use these values as you need them.
So as per the Question, next step will be to use a loop stage on this collection and build your process flow as per below diagram:
Should You have any questions on it, Please write an email to us by clicking on this LINK