We have observed in some Blue Prism installations on some system, the text are overlapped or the text descriptions for some features are partially or full hidden from view. In these circumstances the functionality is impaired and it causes a lot of irritation and discomfort in development.
This is particularly noticeable in the below scenarios:
- In some screens such as Application Modeller where the Launch, Attach, Highlight and Identify buttons may not be visible.
- In studio while using Action stage where the items in dropdown are not visible properly.
- In Object and Process Studio Expression Builder interface the descriptions of functions and parameters cannot be properly read or set.
- In a Code Stage block in Object Studio, the ‘Add’ or ‘Remove’ buttons used to add or delete input and output parameters may be missing.
- Also when you are spying an application, the spied area may become misaligned with the actual application element an example is shown below:
These issues can be due to any of the below reasons:
1- Zoom/Screen Resolution Settings:
This issue occurs when the operating system’s Display Setting for the level of zoom is set to more than 100% instead of 100%. Check that the Display Setting for the level of zoom is set to 100%, especially if you are using Surface Automation.
Note: Some applications, including Blue Prism, have their own display zoom settings. The zoom setting being discussed in this article is unrelated to any application’s own zoom settings, and instead relates to the underlying operating system’s resolution and text scaling options.
Changing the display setting is different for each version of the Microsoft operating system. Usually this setting is controlled via the Control Panel in Windows – see the Ease of Access Center in later operating systems for a range of display and size related settings.
The following web article explains how to change text and item sizes in all the versions of Windows:
Changing text and item size (DPI) in Windows
Note: Some environments may require the user to log out and back into Microsoft Windows before seeing the changes to desktop settings
2- Systems having HD+ screens:
If point 1 doesn’t fix your issue, it’s probable that your laptop/desktop is having a HD+ screen which are not supported by BP by default. However, there is a workaround which can be done to solve the issue.
- Start the Blue Prism application.
- Open task manager, go to the processes list , find Automate.exe, then right-click on the Automate.exe entry and select Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, select Change high DPI settings.
- In the pop-up panel, check the option Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- From the drop-down menu, select System.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Restart the Blue Prism application.
Refer to the screenshot to mark the exact settings:
Original post here
An RPA/IPA enthusiast, having 10+ years of rich industry experience.
Tools Expertise : Blue Prism, UiPath, WinAutomation, Intellibot, Kofax RPA (Kapow)